Screening of Redes followed by a discussion
Celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Latino Alliance with a tribute to the great Mexican composer Silvestre Revueltas. This event includes a rare screening of the film Redes (1935), one of the early examples of Mexico’s Golden Age of cinema, which combines the talents of a master composer, Silvestre Revueltas, and a master cinematographer, Paul Strand.
Before the film, musicians from the Civic Orchestra of Chicago will perform Revueltas’ String Quartet No. 2 (Magueyes). Don’t miss the post-screening Q&A with Angel Gil-Ordóñez, who conducted the PostClassical Ensemble in the recording of the score.
- Revueltas: String Quartet No. 2
- Revueltas: Redes
- Musicians from the Civic Orchestra of Chicago
- Angel Gil-Ordóñez, guest speaker
- Phone: 312-294-3000
- Venue: Buntrock Hall at Symphony Center, 220 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60604
- From 7:30 pm to 9 pm.
- Mahler Fourth: A Wicked New Look
- Hope in the Night
- The Jacobs School of Music Chamber Orchestra plays Sciarrino, Delius, Perry and Prokofiev
- Manuel de Falla in Context: The Concerto
- The Souls of Black Folk: Rediscovering Black Classical Music
View all performances