Screening of "Redes"
A singular coming together of talents, Redes, commissioned by a progressive Mexican government, was co-written and shot by photographer Paul Strand, with a score by Mexican composer Silvestre Revueltas. PostClassical Ensemble, led by Angel Gil-Ordóñez, recently recorded the soundtrack for the release of the restored version of the film for Naxos.
Perspectives Ensemble (Sato Moughalian, Artistic Director), conducted by Gil-Ordóñez, will begin the evening with performances of Revueltas’ Ocho por Radio (1933) and Duelo from Homenaje a Federico García Lorca (1936) for chamber orchestra.
A panel discussion, featuring PostClassical Ensemble Executive Director Joseph Horowitz, conductor Gil Ordóñez, and moderator Carlos Gutierrez (Cinema Tropical), will be held prior to the screening of the film. This event marks the New York premiere of the restored version of the film.
- Cornelius Duffalo, Nurit Pacht – violins
- Wendy Sutter – cello
- Stephen Sas – contrabass
- Sato Moughalian – piccolo, Artistic Director
- Meighan Stoops – clarinet
- Monica Ellis – bassoon
- Thomas Hoyt, Joshua Frank – trumpets
- Thomas Hutchinson – trombone
- Morris Kainuma – tuba
- Christopher Oldfather piano
- Jeffrey Irving percussion
- Angel Gil-Ordóñez conductor
- Admission: Free
- Phone: 212-628-3200
- Venue: Americas Society, 680 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065
Reserve your free tickets
- Beethoven’s Triple Concerto
Fri, August 2, 2019 – 7:30 pm
- Beyond Psycho: The Genius of Bernard Herrmann
Sat, June 1, 2019 – 7:30 pm
- Annapolis Symphony Academy Ensemble Concert
Sun, May 12, 2019 – 4:00 pm
- Winners of the 2018 Georgetown University Orchestra Concerto Competition
Sat, April 13, 2019 – 8:00 pm
- Deep River: The Art of the Spiritual
Sat, March 23, 2019 – 7:30 pm
View all performances