Screening of "Redes"
A singular coming together of talents, Redes, commissioned by a progressive Mexican government, was co-written and shot by photographer Paul Strand, with a score by Mexican composer Silvestre Revueltas. PostClassical Ensemble, led by Angel Gil-Ordóñez, recently recorded the soundtrack for the release of the restored version of the film for Naxos.
Perspectives Ensemble (Sato Moughalian, Artistic Director), conducted by Gil-Ordóñez, will begin the evening with performances of Revueltas’ Ocho por Radio (1933) and Duelo from Homenaje a Federico García Lorca (1936) for chamber orchestra.
A panel discussion, featuring PostClassical Ensemble Executive Director Joseph Horowitz, conductor Gil Ordóñez, and moderator Carlos Gutierrez (Cinema Tropical), will be held prior to the screening of the film. This event marks the New York premiere of the restored version of the film.
- Cornelius Duffalo, Nurit Pacht – violins
- Wendy Sutter – cello
- Stephen Sas – contrabass
- Sato Moughalian – piccolo, Artistic Director
- Meighan Stoops – clarinet
- Monica Ellis – bassoon
- Thomas Hoyt, Joshua Frank – trumpets
- Thomas Hutchinson – trombone
- Morris Kainuma – tuba
- Christopher Oldfather piano
- Jeffrey Irving percussion
- Angel Gil-Ordóñez conductor
- Admission: Free
- Phone: 212-628-3200
- Venue: Americas Society, 680 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065
Reserve your free tickets
- Cultural Fusion: The Gamelan Experience
Wed, January 23, 2019 – 7:30 pm
Sat, December 8, 2018 – 7:00 pm
- Lenny at 100. A Celebration of Leonard Bernstein’s Centennial
Sun, November 18, 2018 – 5:00 pm
- Britten and Mozart at Indiana University's Jacobs School of Music
Wed, October 31, 2018 – 8:00 pm
Sun, August 26, 2018 – 7:00 pm
View all performances